Saturday, December 11, 2004

Out of Sync

Since I didn't beam up pictures of the shadow-striped fisherman's rib sweater until just now (below), they will have to count as today's illustration. The inside-out sweater doesn't show the reverse striping very well -- not the fault of the photograph; the sweater is like that. But I think that is because the two yarns are so similar. The variegated yarn contains a lot of the solid colour, so on the reverse side, all you see are occasional flecks of the lighter colour. If you see what I mean.

I believe that in two contrasting yarns, there would be distinct stripes on both sides. I really must try it.

Meanwhile I finished Mungo's second sleeve as far as the armpit, and will this evening, I hope, join everything into one whole. A fun moment. So tomorrow's photograph should be more interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment