Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Archie is safely in the custody of his aunt and uncle in the US, Helen and her remaining boys safely at Burnside. The weather is appalling, both here and there. My husband and I will saunter on up today – I’ll be back and blogging, D.V., on the 15th for a long weekend before we finally go up for the Games.

I blocked the dinosaurs – didn’t bother with a tape measure, just tried to increase every dimension. The seams by which the sleeves are attached, a three-needle bind-off, seemed particularly resistant to manipulation.

And I cast on a Liesl. I am currently tinking row 14 because I misread some brackets. I don’t really like big needles and fat yarn. We’ll have to see how I feel about this when we get back. But I can’t start thinking about the swallowtail coat of a beautiful blue until I have wound the yarn and swatched it.

Silence from the New Yorker and Knopf.

2 comments:

  1. Good - glad Archie got there OK. Did the Beijing Intervention do the trick?

    Interesting that 3needle BO changes the elasticity of the
    cast-off; I wouldn't have thought that was the case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:04 PM

    I can't wait to see the Liesl! Are you using the Rowan Colorscape? I love chunky yarn and big needles because I have trouble with my hands
    and they are easier for me. Of course I always covet the things made on smaller needles...

    ReplyDelete