Friday, April 23, 2010

Tamar, thank you. It is a good thing you don’t have a blog of your own, so that you can devote serious computer time to knowing where the find the answer to everything. I am very grateful, and very comforted. (See comment yesterday – the problem was how to find my way around on the Stirling campus at Knitcamp in the summer, when I arrive breathless and need to find Franklin's class.)

Good progress with the scarf. I’ve started the second stripe, and although the process of casting off, casting on and picking up, and resuming the pattern over the cast-on stitches, is all a bit awkward, it’s do-able. And the fact that the scarf suddenly looks like the illustration is a great incentive to proceed.

I found that, for myself, the way to do the casting-on row was to *pick up the next stitch for joining and keep it there on the RH needle while cable-casting-on 11. Then knit it.* Repeat indefinitely.

The designer is called Irina Poludnenko. I google’d her without finding anything else that interested me. She seems to work mostly for Tahki Stacy Charles. although searching their website for her name yields nothing.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't =Tamar the same as Tamar of "Tales from the Den of Chaos" fame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that I truly love the colours of tha yarn you are knitting your scarf from. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar3:47 AM

    I have no connection with the Den of Chaos, no matter what my living room currently looks like...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean, don't worry about being late for Franklin's class - I was over an hour late for his class there in Seattle and he was very welcoming and helped me catch up to the point he had reached in his presentation. He seamlessly put me in the picture, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, my bad...

    No offence meant, =Tamar :)

    ReplyDelete