Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Health

I had a nice time yesterday, very pleasant doctor roughly the age of  my grandson Thomas-the-Elder. I had another ECG, and the famous echo test, and an examination and a lot of questions, and have been told that there is nothing wring with my heart. He thought less cider would be a good idea, with which I am inclined to agree, but didn't make a great song and dance about it, and didn't even commit himself to the idea that cider was responsible for recent symptoms.

So what was all that about?

Non-knit

The Beijing Mileses are in the throes of exams, both A Levels for Alistair and AS's for Rachel-the-younger, as well as the excitement of moving back to Britain after what amounts, for the children, to a lifetime in China. The problem (amongst many) that would have me in a cold sweat is their discovery that they will lose James's working visa the moment he hands in his journalist's card, and must acquire tourist visas for their last few hours in Beijing. But the company shipping their furniture, and the one exporting the cat, need the working visas to be in place until the last minute

The cost of the cat's journey will be roughly the same as a business class fare, James says.

Knitting


Little to report. I still haven't picked up my sister's shawl. It's now or never. And I didn't even finish round 68 – the imaginary half-way point – of the Unst Bridal Shawl yesterday, although I am within sight of the end. And I didn't see anything of interest on Zite this mornng.

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that your heart is in good shape - wish I could say the same of my own!
    I still suspect that the osteoporosis pills could be at the bottom of this. After all, you took them at fairly long intervals, as these things go, and they were for a long term effect, so it seems likely that the undesirable effects would take quite a long time to clear through. Doctors would not necessarily know this - after all, they only know what we patients tell them, in these situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! Glad you had a(fairly) good report!

      Delete
  2. I agree about the pills. I had nausea as a result of medication - the effects wore off so slowly that I hardly noticed. I only made the connection when I started taking the pills again, and the nausea suddenly came back.

    Anyway, good to hear you had a nice visit to the Western, and were pronounced well. Hurrah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAppy to hear you were pronounced well. Raise a glass of cider. But just one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave in to the lace urge and started a circular shawl. I have you to thank for tickling me with your posts. These shawls are addictive, aren't they?
    Good news on the health front.

    ReplyDelete