Saturday, October 04, 2014

I have spent my precious morning time elsewhere today – not much of it is now left.

The weather has turned ghastly, after a lovely Indian summer.

My attached i-cord is about to go around the second corner. More breakages. I have begun to wonder if the damage was caused not by Drummond Place m*ths but by Lerwick ones. Black is one of the colours for which two balls were supplied. I don't remember when I joined this one in, but it seems at least possible that it was faulty to begin with. On the other hand, I've had the kit for a year now. Maybe the m*ths just fancied this particular ball.

Hellie and her dressmaker-friend have asked for a scan of the Unst Bridal Shawl pattern-picture, and for a sample of the lace. They can have the whole original edging – you'll remember that I knit it first, thinking to do the shawl edging-inwards, and then, for reasons now forgotten, decided to go for centre-outwards as the pattern is written. And when I got to the edging, decided to knit one on after all because it's fun.


That's all there's time for. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Hellie is anxious to wear the shawl - how lovely. Our Indian summer disappeared this week as well. Here's hoping we get a revisit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the twist is coming out of the yarn as it gets turned many times.

    ReplyDelete