Thursday, October 13, 2016

It looks as if we’re all go.

I am in a state of considerable agitation. Greek Helen used to recommend valerian, and I think there may still be some in the dark recesses of the refrigerator. Does it go off? I had hoped not only to get myself ready, but also to tidy away the knitting books, throw away the rabbit food, and get in some meals suitable for the toothless in case my husband does, in fact, come home on Monday.

Not done. And there is suddenly a pile of bills – I haven’t written a cheque for weeks, but these are from small tradesmen who are good friends and need to be paid promptly – unlike BT and Scottish Gas, who can afford to wait. So that must be seen to. And arrangements for Perdita must be checked and re-checked. I will miss her dreadfully.

For now, I must go up Dublin Street to my hair appt…..

…That went well. Perdita’s arrangements are in order. The bills are paid, the knitting packed – enough for a six-month tour of duty on the International Space Station. I'm feeling slightly calmer. I’ll go to bed now and leave the rest for the morning. Back here Tuesday, insh’Allah.


Thank you for your kind words about the hap. The colours are Gudrun’s – I used exactly the Jamieson&Smith yarns she specified. 

I finished-finished two pairs of socks, to take to London to give to whoever they fit. I suppose that should be "whomever" but that sounds affected. 

16 comments:

  1. Great news. I hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip, Jean! So glad you are able to go. The hap is gorgeous. Valerian is one of my go-tos and I find it tremendously helpful as well. Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy! So thankful you have this wonderful opportunity. Can't wait to hear all about it and see a lovely picture of Juliet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time in London.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:14 AM

    So glad it came together. Have a superfabulous time & tell us all about it on Tuesday.

    Beverly in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. ChiGail2:20 AM

    Have a great trip and family visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to hearing what exhib. you end up going to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news!
    Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a wonderful time, Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:22 PM

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy times. Hope you gave Perdita an extra pat. She'll leap for joy when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried to post this earlier. Hope you have a grand time. And the weather holds up for you and your excursions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thinking of you enjoying the exhibit...whichever one you decided to see.
    And please, more photos of that gorgeous baby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you have a lovely weekend! You certainly deserve it :) as for the bills not sure how it is in Scotland but in New Zealand hardly anyone uses cheques any more , it's either direct credit or bank transfer via the Internet even our chimney sweep prefers Internet banking. Maybe worth a try ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. It has been grand this weekend having no Jean's posts, and knowing just why.
    Hope it was all you neede!

    ReplyDelete