Tuesday, October 10, 2017

We’ve had another good day on the cat front. Perdita still growls and hisses, but less so, and she doesn’t seem as frightened of the kitten as she was at first. Mostly she just frowns. Paradox has had a long, hard day of being enchanting and should be ready for bed soon.



The Shetland Wool Week episode of Fruity Knitting is up! – with Hazel Tindall and Burrastow House (where Kristie and Kath and I stayed) and Carol Christiansen who is in charge of textiles at the museum in Lerwick. We didn’t meet her, despite an email introduction from Kate Davies, but we had a grand time at the museum anyway.

I shall soon go to bed with my iPad and revel in every moment of it.

As I continue to revel in planning my EYF ’18. I really don’t know what to do. I doubt if I’d actually learn that much from Donna Smith or Felicity Ford on colour, although I’d hugely like to meet both of them. Perhaps I should prefer Donna, because I’ve got Felicity’s first book and will soon have her second. I think two classes with Marchant is the way to go…

It is certainly proving to be a fun week, thinking about it. The EYF is going to be Bigger and Better next year. I hope they haven’t bitten off too much.

As you see from the picture above, I succeeded in joining the pieces of Miss Rachel together. As I thought, it was a prolonged and tough counting session. The body had one stitch too many – I’ve left it in one of the underarm collections. One of the sleeves had one stitch too few – I’ve increased.


Next I must knit 11 rounds plain. That’ll take a while. Especially as I had to knock off just now to wind the final skein of the Main Colour. Those 11 rounds are just the thing for catching up on the television I didn’t watch while my sister and her husband were here. And tonight there’s something on More Four about the real Victoria and Abdul – I must record that before I go to bed. I gather, from a photograph briefly shown in the movie, that he was a good deal less handsome and a good deal stouter than Judy Dench’s Abdul.

"Slow Knitting" has just arrived from Amazon. I'll report soon.

7 comments:

  1. Paradox is absolutely gorgeous. She does seem to be studying your knitting very intently; is she content to watch you knit or does she try to participate, as she does when you type?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, now the fun begins with the yoke! Paradox seems quite interested in the process. It doesn't surprise me that Adbul as really less handsome. Rufus Sewell as Lord Melborne was not in the least accurate for age or looks, but I'd rather look at Rufus Sewell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Perdita seems to be coming around. It would seems she is young enough to adjust to the change. Is that Paradox now 'helping' you with your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you very much for knitting the Soutache and just jumping into it. I am trying to work the project scarf in the lesson and cannot do it without the video right in front of me. I hope this improves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad news about the kitten relations progress! How I envy you the EYF. Will live vicariously thru you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wondering what has happened to the Museum Waistcoat for Alexander. I've now finished my second and have acknowledged the source of my inspiration as your blog in the J&S group on Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. =Tamar6:29 PM

    Real people in history always seem to be stouter and less handsome than their actors, even the villains. I wonder if anyone ever made a film with actors who strongly resemble the people they portray (except of course for when they are portrayed by themselves).

    Paradox (I just typo'ed that as 'parasox') seems to have noticed that the accent colors go well with her fur. Color-coordinated cat hair?

    ReplyDelete