Wednesday, February 06, 2019


Little to report (as usual), but at least I’m knitting again, and have finished one side of the front neck shaping for the Stronachlachar, and am fairly well advanced with the other. That leaves the back to do, of course.

I could just toss it aside, and offer that Brooklyn Tweed lace shoulder thing to Becca for her wedding in July. I don’t like to do it. I want to finish this, for one thing. And if I’m too feeble to do that, I won’t be able to finish the shoulder shawl in time. If I perk up a bit, four months (March-June) should be enough for the shawl.

There is a substantial article in the Times today, repeating the New Yorker article I told you about yesterday, about Dan Mallory who wrote “The Woman in the Window”. It’s an extraordinary story, and doesn’t detract from the fact that it’s a good book, as thrillers go.

The Times fails to discuss a remarkable paragraph, towards the end of the New Yorker article, where the author says that the mise en scene (have I got that right?) of the book strongly resembles a ‘90’s movie called (appropriately) “Copycat”. The New Yorker author emailed the director of “Copycat”, pointing out the parallels. He replied, “Wow!”

But you’ve got to read the whole thing for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:45 PM

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read the New Yorker article in Dan Mallory. So disturbing. I kept wondering about his family. Do they struggle with considering telling the truth about their own lives, given how Dan has portrayed them in public?


    Robin

    ReplyDelete