Thursday, March 24, 2022

 

Not so splendid a day. I didn’t get out, this time because I wasn’t up to it. My hip hurt, and I was generally weak. Perhaps I didn’t eat quite enough yesterday? I’m feeling a bit better now. Helen will look in soon on her way to the airport to get David. The great adventure begins tomorrow – they are all going south to see David’s mother. Helen will fly from Manchester to Venice and somehow make her way from there to Ravenna. (All by herself, and she’s only 59.)

 

Wordle in four again, but this time I had my new group (see yesterday). The iPad kept pinging away between 7 and 7:30 as they all contributed their results. I am destined, I think, to be the class dunce. Ketki and her son Thomas and old-friend Mark each got it in three. Alexander needed only two. Poof to him. It was interesting to note that everybody used different starter-words. I succeeded in posting my grid to the group, at least.

 

Not much knitting, but some. I’ve finished the initial legwarmer ribbing. I have decided to put the Calcutta Cup (design identical to Hamish’s vest, above) on only one of the legs. Would you agree?

4 comments:

  1. It takes you longer because you have a larger vocabulary. I find when I use less common words, I lose! And yes, I like the only one leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me today, I needed 5.
    I think one leg for the motif is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar4:06 AM

    It's often said that older people don't eat enough, especially protein. I know I don't.
    One decorated leg warmer seems reasonable. After all, up to now the cup has only been on one sweater etc. Leg warmers may be superficially simple but they take up a lot of yarn, easily equivalent to a sweater.
    It's been cold and rainy here in central-ish MD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could commemorate the 2021 win on one leg and the 2022 win on the other, taking care of both in one fell swoop.

    ReplyDelete