Monday, August 01, 2022

 

Another good day, weather-wise and otherwise-wise. Helen is safely here, very glad to be back. Greece was too hot. We walked all the way around the garden – I haven’t done that for a while. The secret is just to keep walking and talking.

 

The new knitting continues to go well. Thank you for your help with it. I turn out to be using a 3.75 needle, not far off the 4 suggested. (Lynda, comment yesterday) I continue to be satisfied with the fabric, and gauge is at least in the right ballpark. It remains to be seen, of course, whether I have chosen to knit the right size. If I kept notes from my previous knitting of the pattern, I can’t find them. Helen says she found the fit particularly good.

 

It’s knit top-down. At the present – and for a while to come – I am knitting faux raglan seams upside down The pattern suggests a try-on when the raglan increases are complete. I think that would be a good idea, however tedious. I am cheerfully prepared to start over, but I think I might, in that case, treat myself to some new yarn if necessary. The yarn I am knitting with is all divided up into stripes. Frogging might be more trouble than it’s worth. We’ll see.

 

The raglan increases are done with a make-one-right and make-one-left. KD gives instructions, and a reference to a helpful website, but all I needed was the mnemonic I learned in a Craftsy class years ago. Could it have been Stephen West himself? Certainly it involved shawl-knitting.

                   I’ll be right back.

                   I left the front door open.

Very useful.

 

Wordle: I was top of the class today, with Ketki: three. My starter words yielded a green vowel, and three brown tiles. There was nothing for it but to face up to anagram-solving and eventually I got it. The boys tended to get the final letters in green early on, which would leave a lot of options. Mark and Alexander both scored uncharacteristic fives. Thomas had a four.

1 comment:

  1. =Tamar3:13 AM

    Talking while walking puts the focus on socializing, which I find much more interesting. As long as the neck is the right size, why would you have to rip just to make the raglan yoke longer or shorter?
    Weather is a degree or so nicer here, but my neighbor waited until after dark to mow his lawn, which is kind of a hint.

    ReplyDelete