Saturday, October 01, 2022

 

Again, the weather spat with rain this morning when Daniela was here inviting me to walk, so we didn't, and again it’s a lovely, sunny afternoon. Tomorrow promises excitement. I have an appt – hard to believe – at 8:44 for my annual flu injection and a Covid booster. Helen will take me. She’s an early riser.  I suspect that will be plenty of exercise for the day.

 

Knitting has progressed well. I’ve finished the Calcutta Cup. I’ll take a pic in a couple of days, when there’s a bit more background colour above it. The Cup which got mixed up with that tinking operation the other day, isn’t looking terribly smart. I may need to acquire the skill of duplicate stitch after all.

 

The big news is, however, is that I finished the first skein of rhubarb-coloured Schiehallion and embarked on the second. Except for “Lilias Day” I have been knitting stripes, or Fair Isle, or baby clothes, or all three all year long, and what those activities have in common is that one almost never finishes a ball of yarn. (And even "Lilias Day" had a lot of unfinished skeins in its yoke.)  And, here, this morning, a whole ball got used up! There’s one skein less is this yarn-crowded household!

 

Wordle: It beat me today, for the first time since COYLY in early August. It was a fair fight. The word seems to have caused a certain amount of difficulty all around. Most of us scored five. Alexander and Theo were the stars with three; Daughter Rachel needed four.

 

3 comments:

  1. Took me a while and a break of several hours but I got there in 5. Including a Jean-word...

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar5:43 AM

    Yea for a finished skein, and for completing the Cup section. Is "rhubarb-coloured" red or green? I would assume red but both are good colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:32 PM

    COYLY?? Diabolical. Who the heck chooses these words. I see a trio of witches gleefully rubbing their hands over a cauldron. Congrats to codebreakers.

    ReplyDelete