Monday, December 04, 2006

So, bonjour sobriety.

In the spring and summer, and in September until I fell down, I started every day by weighing myself, and then booting the computer and looking to see how many hits the blog had had the day before, and then writing both these numbers down in my electronic Filofax.

I’ve stopped both practices since I broke my arm. Today I started again

Compared to September 25, readership is identical and I’m half a stone heavier. That’s seven pounds. No joke.

Odds and ends of knitting…

I finished the Calcutta Cup motif and started in on the actual all-over pattern last night. It’s utter bliss, as hoped. I remain anxious and uncertain about the distribution of colours, and won’t really know how I’m doing for quite a while. I think it will be all right to make minor changes and adjustments as I go along, in fact I think it will make things look livelier. For radical alterations, I’d have to rip.

Picture soon.

Thanks for comments yesterday about my incomplete gansey. I didn’t follow Liz Lovick’s gansey workshop in the Traditional Knitters group, mostly I think because I have an unreasoning dislike of Adobe what’s-its-name. I suspect I’ve been missing something. I did see her article in IK, and it was fascinating. And I extravagantly admire her work. Maybe I had better face up to Adobe.

The good news is that we’ve got a date for the knitting retreat, now re-christened “fibre craft retreat”, that Lorna will be hosting next year: May 11-14. It’s a tough time of year for a girl to be away from her vegetable garden, and I have other domestic entanglements, but I’m desperately hoping I’ll be able to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment