Monday, January 01, 2007

Well, we got here, friends: 2007. I like the James Bond link, Catherine. I’m taken aback by how many people, in the Blogs I read, seem to have found Ought Six a tough one. I can ask for no more, for ourselves, than more-of-the-same – but I hope those affected see a marked improvement this year.

The storms in Edinburgh yesterday which forced the concellation of the street party, make our glorious Christmas weather in Strathardle seem all the more miraculous.

One of my New Year practices is to make a hasty list in Lotus Organiser of what I hope to knit in the year to come. Not resolutions, by any stretch of the imagination; just sweeping out the mind to see what’s there. Most years, quite a bit of it gets knit.

Here’s what I wrote down yesterday:

finish Alexander's Calcutta Cup sweater
finish Ketki's gansey
do some more Princess
Koigu for small boys -- perhaps another Wallaby
KF, perhaps Ravenna
Bog jacket in Malabrigo
Hiawatha stole in Jade Sapphire cashmere
something with the Cherry Tree Hill suri alpaca I bought at Stitches East in ’02

I have two proper KF kits which I-mean-to-knit-one-day (as well as other KF’s that I have bought for the yarn, not the design). One is the vest based (I think) on a mosaic floor from Ravenna, and the other, the Green Granite Blocks jacket from “California Patches”.

Looking at them in the cupboard just now revealed a bag of Louet Gems Merino oddballs…let’s get started on the ’07 knitting! But first, I must wash the breakfast dishes.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:30 PM

    Cool new design! Now I don't have to scroll down two screens to read today's entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Judith--this works so much better!

    Happy New Year to you and yours, Jean. May we all get some good knitting done this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me as THREE to the new design - SO PRETTY and much easier on the reader!!!

    Hope this year brings only opportunities and not crises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny. I jumped to your site - didn't see what I was expecting and jumped back and forward again. Such a creature of habit. Congrats on the bold new layout. Excuse the ignorance but what's 'KF'? Probably something quite obvious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:05 PM

    Happy New Year, Jean.
    I am new to your blog.
    I read your entry of Dec 31st, which tells us you knit 105 skeins of yarn, in 2006. Would you be willing to reveal the size of your stash? To begin my "Knit From Your Stash" year, I counted my yarn. I have 1800 skeins/balls.
    I am 65. I did the math. It's not pretty,.
    Judith - on the Niagara Escarpment

    ReplyDelete