Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Perdita and I are going off tomorrow to spend two nights with my husband’s niece C. in south Edinburgh. Back here Friday, I hope. Then we must think, she and I, of going to Strathardle.

I knit on. We are having what passes for a heat wave here, and Shetland jumper weight is slightly uncomfortable on the fingers. I was first in this country in the summer of 1953 and I remember my amusement at newspaper headlines proclaiming that temperatures were mounting towards the 80’s. It’s happening again.

I’m still engaged with the third 24-row repeat of the Northmavine Hap, although nearing its end. One and a half to go, after that, with each row longer than the last.


I’ll take my new telephone along tomorrow. Our niece is a mere 60, and like everyone else in the civilized world except (until yesterday) me, has a smart phone. I have ordered “iPhone for Dummies” from Amazon and since I have, for reasons recently urgent but now forgotten, a temporary membership in Amazon Prime, it’s going to be delivered this evening, between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. It’s now 8.  Dare I go to bed? We’ve got a big letter box.

9 comments:

  1. Have lots of fun - might bump into you down here on the south side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and Perdita and C. have a fun sleep-over! How did Orla's tongue snip go? Her shawl in the header is so lovely - makes me almost want to knit one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is supposedly winter here and the temperatures are about the same during the day. Do you have any spare rain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you come to love your iPhone as much as I do mine. After struggling with an android product for several years I switched and found it very easy to use, I just have to remember to keep it charged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:55 AM

    Whoever can invent a self-rechargeable battery - or a device that doesn't even need one (solar -powered?) --now there's an invention for the ages. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a word of caution. You must cancel your Amazon prime before the trial period ends (if your not keeping it) otherwise they will charge your card for a full year with no notification. Good luck with your new phone. I think I just emailed you instead of posting a comment! Who said wisdom comes with age????

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you ordered that book. Now if you do join amazon you can order books for your iPhone to read in the kindle app. I actually use amazon for practically everything because of the lack of parking on my street and honestly o can't be bothered to do errands on my weekend off after a stressful work week. I miss the city because of that but such is lifeliving in NYC now is too expensive.

    Enjoy learning about your phone. Mine is with me almost 24/7 and yes it makes a good alarm cliock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tennis is heating up also. Poor Murray. However yea Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazon Prime is fabulous. You can order a case of toilet paper and get it in two days, then you don't have to buy anymore for months. Some books are free, as are audio books. You can send a gift to the US so easily. It's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete