Monday, June 26, 2017

Perdita and I had a lovely time with C. The cat was a bit surprised, and stayed a bit more closely than usual with me (while feigning not to), and is glad to be home: but she did well. I moved about a bit more than usual but still feel weak.

I took the Northmavine Hap along and am making good progress. I’m halfway through the fourth repeat, if you overlook the 36 stitches still to be added. But I discover that there are five and a half repeats to be done, not four as I had thought from a hasty reading. I wondered why I had so much yarn. So there’s a long way to go.

I am finding this simple pattern curiously hard to read. In lace as in colour knitting – and, indeed, stitch patterns of all sorts – one keeps track of what one ought to be doing by looking at what one has done already. I am finding it hard to decide which are the stitches to be knit together on the pattern rows. But the overall effect is OK.

6767                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         /’.HJ)@~?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~H?’dr67d[1]

That’s an interpolation from Perdita, who has even contrived to add a footnote.

Miscellaneous

A new Fruity Knitting episode is promised for tomorrow! Poor Andrea is still not knitting.

Jared’s Look Book 11 is (as ush) full of good stuff. I love the Boundary Pullover. He’s got a new lace yarn.

And I love Carol Sunday’s Pueblo Stole, each colourway more tempting than the last.



[1] e

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:32 PM

    Well done Perdita! both for the visit and for the interpolation. It makes a pleasing pattern. I wonder if it would translate into lace? Perhaps I should say 'transmogrify'? I wonder...

    Best wishes, Helen (anon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:44 PM

    Perdita apparently has picked up her scholarly inclinations from you, Jean. I have been coveting that Pueblo Stole for a while now but but have been overwhelmed by the commitment. Would love to see it progress under your fingertips (hint, hint). Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:50 PM

    Just thought of something. Your weakness, Jean, might be just the type of thing a naturopathic doctor would be good at addressing if your traditional ones don't have any answers. I don't reallly know very much about them so I may be wrong, but I've heard of some interesting results. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean, you've been under a great strain for a long while. Lassitude is only to be expected during this period of grieving and adjustment.

    Have you heard of a book called Good Grief? Nothing to do with Charlie Brown! I'd be pleased to send you a copy if I had your address. It's only a little book but I've found it very helpful in the last year and my Vicar used to keep copies for families and parishioners as needed. He's retired, not that he went off the book, I should add.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to have you back. THere are so many ups and downs in the grieving process that effect one physically and mentally until only a dull ache (loss) remains. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. =Tamar4:06 PM

    The Pueblo stoles are lovely but I wonder how they got photographs if they don't have samples... Regular walks should help with the weakness. Fortunately it's summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:16 PM

      The two newest colorways (Taos and Hacienda del Sol) have sample color swatches, as shown, but not yet any completed shawls. The other colorways have been available for some years now.
      -- Gretchen (aka stashdragon)

      Delete
  7. That Perdita - so secretive. I clicked on the hyperlink for the footnote and was told "Your current account does not have access to view this page." The new laceweight from Brooklyn Tweed is lovely looking, but I have not tested it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear from you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:01 PM

    The weekend sounds fabulous. Glad you did it.
    Yes I think a lot of rest, relaxation, friends, knitting and fun is required and well-deserved in the near and middle future.
    LisaRR

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perdita: ever helpful is she. In many different ways. I loved Moorecat's reference to lassitude. That's a Jean word.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ElizaK10:41 PM

    Very belated condolences to you on the passing of your husband. I always look forward to reading your blog and hearing about your adventures. Thank you so much for telling us about Fruity Knitting - that was a great find! Best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been eyeing the Pueblo cardigan for a couple of years now ... such lovely colors! As for being tired, I'm four months out from my mother's death and still my energy levels quite hit and miss. Mostly miss. Do what you can to take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete