Saturday, December 09, 2017

All well here. The Italian lesson – il cane ha mangiato i miei compiti – always leaves me exhausted, but I got a bit of kitchen-cleaning done, and some cooking, and a few Christmas cards written. Well, three. And December won’t be in double figures until tomorrow.

This is my tutor’s first winter in the north. She came to Edinburgh in May (and found it chilly). Like Greek Helen, she is now finding the darkness a bit much. Whereas now that I have grasped how much darkness affects me, I’m doing better.

So far today, no knitting. I should be able to knock off a few more scallops on that lace edging before bed.

There’s a great flutter in the doocot because Patreon has imposed a surcharge on patrons. I didn’t entirely understand the message when I got it at first, but since then I have had agitated messages from both Knitty and Fruity Knitting (my two sponsorships). Apparently I am to pay a bit more – they will get the same – Patreon pockets the difference. I think that’s it.


I’ll hang on. A significant number of Knitty patrons, at least, have dropped out. It’s a shame.

2 comments:

  1. It is a shame because it's not that much money -and both Knitty and Fruity Knitting are certainly worthwhile projects to support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as though Knitty is setting up a different process, sans Patreon. I'm ignoring the whole thing for now. I recognize dog and ate in the sentence above - is that a common excuse world wide?

    ReplyDelete