Friday, February 18, 2022

Wordle 244 5/6

Today, Friday. 

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜

🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


That represents my Wordle effort for today. I succeeded in pasting the grid for my result into a clipboard, and from there, here. But as you see, on this laptop some vital information is missing. I called up Wordle on the laptop, in order to try again, and found it completely blank -- it didn't recognise me. So the only thing to do would be to play on the laptop in the morning, and then try to do the clipboard trick here. Too much trouble. I got it in five today, as you see. 

Today was pleasantly calm, after yesterday’s excitements. The cat litter was delivered. C. came, and we got around the garden. The storms which are buffeting much of GB have on the whole stayed away from Edinburgh.

 

I have but 8 or 9 more increases to do on the front of the Aroon. Next, of course, will be the other front. Resolve to finish the first one tomorrow.

 

I have ordered Norah Gaughan’s “Knit, Fold, Pleat, Repeat.” It’s coming on Sunday, Amazon says. I stumbled across it somewhere. Now that I no longer receive either VK or Interweave – it wasn’t my idea; they just faded away – I fear I’m not up to date on new books. I’m a passionate Gaughan fan. Amazon was offering a few pages of preview, as they sometimes do; enough to establish that I want it. I want VK, too. I ought to be able to re-establish contact.

 

 


5 comments:

  1. I managed to get it in 5 also. Someone said to me that once you have worked out the strategy, it gets boring! I'm finding it quite compulsive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it in 5 today also. I have seen people post their results on twitter and it never shows the word just the colored squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goal every day is to beat my husband in Wordle. It doesn’t happen often but it did today, I got it in 4 tries, he took 5…always a good way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does Norah Gaughan do it? I've just received the one about travelling stitches and have yet to make anything using that one, and yet she keeps them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:45 AM

    VK is still around although in a much abbreviated form (according to a written or emailed - I've forgotten - notice from them). Only two issues a year, I believe. And a larger online presence. I admire their tenacity. Even if it's only a toehold. I am waiting to see the next magazine under this new format. Chloe

    ReplyDelete