Sunday, November 20, 2022

 

Well, here we go. My sister and her husband will be here on Tuesday. Alexander hopes to pop in to see them on Wednesday. Thursday we will have our faux-Thanksgiving party at a local restaurant. I’m not absolutely sure I’m not developing a cold.

 

C. and I had a good time at Mass this morning again – another outing for my disabled badge. And knitting has progressed well – I’m on the very verge of reaching the point which I think may be right for the underarm break. I must bear in mind, when I next measure, that if I stretch the cables out a bit, to block for width, I may at the same time be diminishing the length.

 

I’m reading a Tana French called “In the Woods”. It’s here in the Kindle, open to the last page, so I must have read it before. I have no memory of it at all, except perhaps of the most vague. It’s got a brilliant McGiffin, and I’m enjoying it a lot. Mr Bezos would be twice as rich if Amazon stopped warning silly old fools like me, as they hoven over a title, that they bought it four years ago. Don’t tell him.

 

Wordle: A Wordle special, today. I scraped home in six. From the beginning I had greens in positions two, three and five. I kept guessing wrong, despite the diminishing stock of available consonants: and at the end there was at least one other possibility. I was lucky to scrape home. Theo, Ketki, and Daughter-Rachel had the same difficulty with the same configuration, but for the most part either got there sooner or guessed right sooner. Ketki scored four, Daughter-Rachel five, Theo six (like me). With different configurations, Thomas and Granddaughter-Rachel had five and Alexander four. Mark was tops with three.  

 

2 comments:

  1. =Tamar8:10 PM

    If a book is worth reading once, it's worth reading twice.
    I subscribe to the idea of the comfy chair in the kitchen! Of course it should be easy to knit in it. The cats might like it, too.
    It has been cold here in MD but they predict it will warm up a little this week, then rain on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:48 PM

    I managed today's Wordle in 4. There were so many possibilities at one point! Luck is a big part of it.
    Enjoy your sister visit! Sisters are the best!
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete