Saturday, September 21, 2024

All well. I am sorry to be so unreliable. I’m feeling pretty well. 

I’ve done some knitting — indeed am near the point when I will divide the work at the armpits. I must send you a picture soon, MaryLou. My eyes are bad, and won't get better but I think I can hold on and finish it. There’s a good stripey  shawl in KD’s shawl book. I could knit that again.

Helen came this morning. We agreed on being bored with constant news stories about Mohammed al Fayed’s predatory ways. (Why is he all over the news of a sudden?)  And puzzled as to why nobody mentions Dodi and Diana who must be on everybody’s mind.

   Helen believes they were murdered because they threatened a major embarrassment to the royal family. I am a devoted follower of William of Ockham whose prime tenet is that the simplest explanation is usually the best, so my vote is that it was an accident. 

  Wordle: four for me today. I’ve got my winning streak back up to 19, after a double failure on the first and second of the month. 



13 comments:

  1. Good to read you're knitting again. Bright yarn, easy patterns and big needles is my choice for autumn and winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:05 PM

    Lovely to hear from you and glad that you are knitting again. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:57 PM

    I'm sure that Perdita is happy to have your lap again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the knitting is again moving along and glad you're perking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:53 AM

    Good to hear from you, Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:25 AM

    Has anybody found the keys you lost when at your vacation home? Or is that mystery still waiting to be solved?
    You sound a bit brighter today.
    weavinfool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eileen in Chapel Hill1:30 PM

    Lovely to hear from you, Jean! Must feel good to be knitting again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear from you, Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:54 PM

    Ditto again to all of the above! Knitting is better than blogging, although we appreciate the updates!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  10. =Tamar2:03 AM

    Yay! Knitting news is good. I don't know most names in the news, but everything here is being drowned out by rhetoric anyway. We had some rain most every day in MD. The weather is otherwise pleasant despite the humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Always nice to hear from you! Enjoy knitting. Hope it’s restorative. Best wishes, Lisa R-R

    ReplyDelete
  12. I look forward to a sweater photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:57 PM

    So happy to hear from you and to see the photo on Instagram! Perdita looks contented.
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete