Thursday, May 04, 2006

4-5-6

I have enjoyed, ever since the early years of the new millenium, observing the passage of the days like this one, year by year: 1-2-3, 3-4-5, and now 4-5-6. 1-1-1, 2-2-2, etc., are fun, too.

Not much today. The Thursday Lace Symposium isn’t up yet. I’ve heard from “Knitting”, who promise a replacement magazine. I’ve spent a happy few moments entering my favourite Blogs in Bloglines. Now what will happen? One day soon I’ll get them in my sidebar.

Elizabeth Lovick’ s “The Same But Different: Shetland Lace in a European Context”, in the Lace Symposium yesterday, is, in the handy modern usage, a keeper. But can I afford printer ink for 43 pages?

Yesterday we bought some bathroom scales, replacing 30-year-old ones with an oscillating needle. I thought old scales would weigh heavy, and am disconcerted to discover that the new ones have added half a stone to my weight of yesterday.

I got the first of the so-called “June” foodie magazines yesterday, namely “Good Food”. It is full of recipes for summer vegetables – e.g., broad beans, peas – which I haven’t even got in the ground yet.

Dawn, have a great time in Edinburgh tomorrow. I think it’s getting warmer. Katherine, thank you for the Dorothy Parker. I used to be a tremendous fan.

It’s no use struggling: I simply have nothing to say today.

No comments:

Post a Comment