Friday, August 04, 2023

 Six scallops done (out,of 21) along the second side of the shawl. Now that the first side is finished and released into the world, I can see how huge the finished object is going to be. Too late to make an adjustment now. 

I continue to improve, I think. I got to and from both meals under my own steam today.

Helen was goaded into hiring an emergency plumber. It turns out that some if not all of the moisture downstairs is not our fault. We’ll probably have to pay a hefty share towards putting it right anyway, because that’s the way tenements work. The Downstairs ceiling looks as if it’s about to fall. Maybe the best approach would be to take it down. 

Wordle: Thomas, Rachel, Alexander and Mark all scored two. I’ve never seen the like. My score was a thoroughly undistinguished four. Roger saved me from total embarrassment with a five.

I was interested in your messages yesterday, about how my experience with WordBot wasn’t unique. It isn’t even embarrassed when it claims on line three that only one possible answer remains and you then type in another possible answer.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:11 AM

    So excellent to see your post today!
    Walking to and from meals sounds very positive, as does turning the corner to the second side of the scallops.
    Plumbing, deep sigh. So complicated in houses which are not at all new.
    Enjoy the weekend
    Lisa RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar4:03 AM

    I'm glad to hear you are doing so well.
    Blankets do expand, sometimes remarkably. But all sizes will find uses.
    I guess it's good that you won't have to pay the whole thing. I have no idea how the amounts will be sorted out - perhaps by on which end of a pipe the problem lies?
    Weather in MD today was still pleasant enough to turn off the A/C - though it's on again now. Heavier weather predicted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:46 AM

    Glad to hear of the knitting progress. My own feeling is that a shawl can never be too big - after all, the recipient may be very small initially but will certainly grow.
    JennyS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:41 AM

    I am beginning to think of your shawl as The Undertaking. I think you deserve a prize. I think the limitations of WordBot show just how vast the English language is. Keep on getting better! Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Jane9:46 PM

    While I enjoy reading about your knitting, I find myself coming back here to read about all the other stuff in your life. Right now I am fascinated by the mystery of the downstairs toilet. What is the problem? How can it be fixed? Can it actually be fixed? How long will it take? Can’t wait to see how it all turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:56 PM

    Thinking of you, Jean.
    Robin in California

    ReplyDelete