Thursday, June 27, 2024

 Helen is home. And Fergus is doing well. So that’s that crisis dealt with. The carer-handover is complete, and we seem to be doing well.

   Otherwise there is singularly little to report. I have been cheerfully dozing. I’ve got some new glasses, a slight but distinct improvement on the old ones. And I’ve got the new lamp. So there’s no excuse for not knitting. We’ll see.

   I continue to be anxious about Princess Anne. Did she have a stroke?  Nobody seems to know anything about the actual event. She was alone, and goodness knows how long she lay before anyone came along.

   Wordle: at least I did it by myself today. A familiar pattern: two browns and a green from my starters. Line three was fully qualified but wrong. I got it in four. 

   The threes were Mark, Ketki and Rachel. Alexander joined me on four. Thomas had five, as did Roger in DC. This time it’s Theo we haven’t heard from.




    


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:23 PM

    I worry also about Princess Anne. She has really filled in for the missing royals. I thought perhaps it was a riding accident.
    Glad the new carer is installed and that Fergus has recovered. A ruptured appendix is serious!
    And that knitting proceeds!
    I bought one of those lights that go around your neck. I'm not particularly happy with it, but I haven't gotten rid of it yet.
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have recently found you through a "suggested Instagram" post. I will go back and read some of your Blog posts so I can learn about who you're talking about. Am I correct in assuming that Helen, James, Alexander and Rachel are your children?
    Wordle was 4 for me today ..... do you do Wordle in one sitting? Or do you go about doing other things while you think about he next option?
    I do hope that your new light will be helpful to you.
    Kind Regards,
    Gail in Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:00 AM

    Over the years I have accumulated a wardrobe of lamps including the neck thingy which is good for reading in bed and travel but not as good for knitting where I prefer one of those bicycle headlamps put out by Energizer batteries but has recently been hard to find. (But don’t try to have a conversation with anyone while it is on. They will not like you.) The Ott-lite table and floor lamps are very helpful for chair-side and sewing tasks. Hope you are happy with yours Jean. It sounds like it is probably the best out there. If not, there is a lot to explore, apparently, in the world of lamps. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. The accident was equine-related. All I can say is horses are unpredictable and I sympathize.

    ReplyDelete