Friday, July 08, 2016

Things have come to a pretty pass when I go into my LYS to buy a pack of point protectors, and Kathy knows I am buying them for the cat. Perdita is obsessed with point protectors, especially green ones. Kathy, happy woman, is going to Shetland Wool Week. I saw her Croft Hoose Hat and liked it a lot. One day I really ought to master corrugated ribbing.

I have little to report beyond a stitch or two of Hansel edging. Nursing was again difficult. I watched a bit of ladies’ tennis but tended to doze off. Tennis is really very soporific. I like the Williams sisters, who have always seemed to me somehow to suggest, when interviewed, that there is a life beyond tennis and that this whole thing is just slightly ridiculous. I’m sorry Venus is gone.

But today (men’s semi-finals) is undoubtedly a big day.



And we’ve heard from Susan Crawford about the progress of the ever-receding Vintage Shetland Project. Publication is still scheduled for mid-August. It hasn’t gone to the printer yet, and there remain “fiddly bits” to be tidied up. The tone is Slightly Harassed.

2 comments:

  1. What does Perdita do with the point protectors? She's not eating them is she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard Susan Crawford speak at the Knitting & Crochet Guild convention in Sheffield last week, I was so amazed and impressed with her work, and to hear about the forthcoming book. We were able to admire some of the garments too.

    ReplyDelete