Sunday, May 07, 2017

Another bad day on the health front.

I did get to spend 20 minutes or so on the front step, as I have been promising myself for some time, advancing – not, alas! very far – this year’s garden. Neighbours came by, and stopped to chat. The sun shone. I almost felt that it would be worth having two Novembers in the year, for the sake of one May.

Knitting went well. You’re absolutely right, Lisa (comment yesterday) – it’s best to correct a mistake. My Polliwog is now well past the point discussed yesterday, and it will soon be forgotten. I have wound the skein of contrast yarn and embarked on the stripes and am very pleased with what is happening. Pic soon.

I’ve done a bit more Andrew and Andrea. I’m pretty well up to date with recent episodes – a couple abandoned due to tedium, but remarkably little. I’m doing some catching up: I think their more recent episodes are better, brisker, and more professional.

A&A have launched a KAL in which the idea is to knit something for oneself and something for a Loved One, which are in some way related. Not a bad idea at all – although I feel myself too old for it. I’d like to knit something for Hellie and Matt’s soon-to-be-born baby, for instance, and something related for her cousin Juliet O., above. But not for ME.


I think, apart from my beloved Relax, that I knit for myself mainly when I want to try out an idea which wouldn’t interest (to put it politely) anyone else. There are some horrors in my drawer.

2 comments:

  1. My horrors went to new homes...I love the idea of making something for the two cousins. I had an aunt who used to make related but not the same outfits for my sisters and I and for my cousin and I. She was quite the knitter, too. Sadly, she died quite young, or I imagine I could have learned a great deal from her. I did get her needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:28 PM

    I have been knitting small toys for each of my second cousins' new babies. So far the same toy in different stripes and colours.
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/knubbelchen

    I used to try to knit cardigans for new babies but it was hard to get the sizing right if I knit as slowly as I usually do. For a while I was using vintage Patons patterns before I realized the sizes were totally out of synch with modern babies.

    Whatever you knit for the great-grandchildren will be very much appreciated!

    LisaRR

    ReplyDelete