Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Internet seems to have straightened itself out, thank goodness.

Here's a time-filling picture of the inside of the Fair Isle jacket, looking much like the outside. I should start the neck steek this evening -- the last few rounds seem interminable. I've decided to solve the design problem by restoring the unwanted colours (pink, bright blue, bright red) for the first few inches of each sleeve. On the ever-sound design principle: if you can't disguise it, make it a Feature.

Its intended wearer, Rachel, rang up from London yesterday proposing herself and husband and two youngest children for a lightening half-term visit, tomorrow through Saturday morning. So I'll be able to show it to her, and measure her for the sleeves.

I got an email yesterday from Strickwear, Candace Eisner Strick's on-line source for yarn and designs. She's taken to the dye pots, and the result, in the form of a shawl called Adagio, is achingly beautiful. See for yourself: http://www.strickwear.com/cgi-bin/viewitem.pl?cat=1034.

But I've got a drawer-ful of shawls I enjoyed knitting and rarely wear, especially now that I no longer go to Stitches events. When I do wear them, they make me look like a crazed social worker, according to my husband. But what if Candace' "merging colors" yarn could be knit into a perfectly plain pullover? I have made enquiries.

No comments:

Post a Comment