Thursday, October 05, 2023

 Again,  a day with some forward movement. Wafa and I got the shawl blocked. Helen has taken a picture of it. I’ll include it if I can. I am still picking out this blog with one finger on the iPad. Perhaps tomorrow’s achievement could be to get  the computer going again. The computer room is a long way away.

  And I resumed knitting the Argyll vest. A round and a half — better than nothing.

  Helen came, and, briefly, Archie. Also my religious friend. So we’ve packed a lot in. 

  Wordle: it was an easy one today, but I fell into the Wordle trap. My hard-won entry for line three gave me only four greens. Line four didn’t change things. So five for me. Rachel was another five, with the same pattern. The fours were Mark, Thomas, and Alexander. Theo was another five. He had my pattern in line three. Perhaps he thought of the possibilities and went off to test them in line four, as Alexander recommends.  Roger took six, with a different pattern. And Ketki scored three.

5 comments:

  1. Jean, perhaps you might consider getting a keyboard for your iPad if your computer isn’t convenient. I use my iPad for everything now and rarely use my computer anymore but I don’t write as much as you do so I’ve never gotten a keyboard for it. I do have a number of friends who use them and like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar2:01 AM

    If you can get a keyboard, that could be very useful. I use a tablet when traveling but it is a nuisance having to fix all the typos. I admire your persistence and care in writing complete posts on the pad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The keyboard suggestion is a good one; that and a stand of some type for propping up the ipad, like a cookery book stand, and you'd be away! I have a tablet but also a laptop computer which makes things very easy for me.
    Wordle in 5; one of those times where I had the last 4 letters in line 2 and after that it was going to be pure luck whether I got it in 3 or not at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:37 PM

      My Logitech keyboard (works for my iPad, iPad mini and iPhone) has a slot in it to hold your iPad. I’ve had it at least a year, maybe more, and I wouldn’t be without it! It was not very expensive, either. I think it works on batteries, but since they’ve never run out, I don’t remember. Cam

      Delete
  4. Mary Lou3:14 PM

    I have a case for my Ipad that opens into a keyboard. This is the one made by Apple. I used to have a separate bluetooth keyboard, but this is far superior. There are many out there, and so much nicer that writing on the virtual keyboard. And HURRAH for you and Wafa and the blocking!

    ReplyDelete