Friday, October 06, 2023

 I seem to be getting less and less done, but all is well. Helen stopped by on her way to Kirkmichael where she will continue to struggle with the driveway-and-ditch problem. There are some signs of progress on that one. Meanwhile the Downstairs Lavatory problem is in complete abeyance  here. Someone is booked to do something about it at the end of NEXT month. They have done a report. Insurance has agreed to pay. But Helen is afraid that they will spin on their heel, the day they actually arrive, and say that it is impossible 

Fortunately the other bathroom is perfectly adequate for our needs.

I was pleased by the outcome of yesterday’s by-election. Mrs Sturgeon recently extended the franchise to everyone  over 16 resident in Scotland. That includes me. I can’t vote in Westminster elections. I have actually voted only once. I chose Labour. They are in favour of the union, as am I, and have a good, new leader, another handsome youngish man with a subcontinental background. There are so many at the head of British political parties these days that it gets confusing. 

Wordle: another easy one, apparently. Four for me and Roger. Five for Alexander. Three for Theo, Rachel and Mark. Ketki and Thomas were the brilliant best, with twos.



1 comment:

  1. =Tamar8:02 PM

    Voting at 16- Wow! I guess it goes along with drinking and marrying. Driving, too?
    As long as everything is safe, it makes sense, I guess.
    In my experience, "impossible" usually means
    "I don't feel like it right now" and can be overcome by throwing money at it.

    ReplyDelete