Saturday, October 21, 2023

 Tomorrow I will go back to that computer and figure out how to show you those pictures. It must be easy. Tomorrow I will decide where knitting is to go next, and set out on that path. Today we made kimchi.

Perhaps for the last time. It’s hard work. Wafa was indispensable, of course, and very efficient. The kitchen is not covered with gochugaru sauce from one end to the other when Wafa has finshed making kimchi.  I’ve tried various store-boughten kimchies — some are better than others, but none approaches homemade, assuming it works. There’s still time for it to go wrong and grow unpleasant mould instead of fermenting productively. I’ll keep you posted.

I use Brad Leone’s recipe as recovered from his Youtube video. I omit the oyster, and I cut the Napa cabbage into large chunks instead of salting it leaf by leaf. There are lots of kimchi recipes out there. It’s easy to pick and choose.

Now I’m tired. The weather has calmed down a bit, but is still unpleasant.

Wordle: for a while it looked as if I was to be the class dunce again, with my score of five. But Theo joined me there at midday. Threes and fours elsewhere —  three for Roger and Mark, fours for everybody else.

4 comments:

  1. Five for me today on Wordle too. My starter words weren't much help and I know you and I have similar ones so there we are. Last week I had a day with four letters from my starters; that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:28 PM

    My husband says if you save the image attached to an e mail, it will then appear in your Pictures File and can be brought across into whatever you are writing ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar6:23 PM

    I'm impressed - that's more cooking than I've done in weeks!
    The rain didn't last too long here in central MD but it is cold and due to get colder. I've decided I prefer summer to winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello friends, I'm Aina and i never believed in anything supernatural but a powerful man called Dr Ajayi made me have a different view of life. I met the powerful man Dr Ajayi online when i was going through emotional pain because my lover of 4 years left me for another woman without us having any misunderstanding. I explained my situation to the powerful man Dr Ajayi and he made me understanding that what was happening is not natural and told me steps to take to regain my lover, i followed his instructions and after 4 days my lover who have left me for 8 months unblock me from his social platform and contacted me that he is coming back home and I should forgive him. since then, my love life have been awesome. Thank you Dr Ajayi for making me believe in supernatural, if you need help in your love life, Dr Ajayi is 100 SURE. contact him on email: drajayi1990@gmail.com or Viber / Whatsapp : +2347084887094

    ReplyDelete