Friday, February 23, 2024

 Cold out there. We have had a peaceful day, Helen toiling away in the study. She brought me two delicious purple artichokes from Valvona and Crolla this morning. Both have been consumed.

   Attention is being given to access and to aching hip. Thank you for your comments. I think I’ll tell Archie to bring me some gummies.

   No knitting so far, and no reading even.  What have I been doing all day? Dozing. 

   Wordle: threes and fours today. The British contingent divided on gender lines — that was neat. Threes for Thomas, Alexander and Mark. Fours for the rest of us. In DC, Theo was the three and Roger the four.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:59 PM

    This damp seeping cold sneaks in through every where. Definitely a day for dozing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:00 AM

    How do you prefer to cook/serve your artichokes?
    Just steamed with olive oil or melted butter, eaten leaf by leaf?
    I think I like all versions anytime …
    Lisa R-R in Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Lou2:48 PM

    Artichokes sound like spring! I tried growing them once, with very little success. Emphasis on little. They were teeny.

    ReplyDelete