Monday, February 26, 2024

 I was puzzled about Princess Anne too, Chloe (comment yesterday). She was presumably kept away from the Calcutta Cup match by family or general royal duties. Or maybe she just had a cold. We’ll never know. I know she will have been sorry not to be there.

  If you’re at all interested, follow up Maureen in Fargo’s comment yesterday, pointing to the blog entry where there is a picture of me holding up my knitting to the Cup Itself and also other Cup-related and  knitting-related pictures. Thanks, Maureen.

  For ‘24, I plan to put the Cup and date in that navel-level stretch of plain vanilla st st which I have just reached in the Spalding sweater (Brooklyn Tweed) (which is knit top-down). I have been much frustrated today in not being able to WALK around the house to find the book I think I need to make a chart for “ ‘24”. I know what it looks like. I know where it should be. I can’t remember what it’s called. Appreciate walking while you can, those of you who can still do it.

Wordle: I cancelled my NYT subscription yesterday — WordleBot wasn’t worth it. I was anxious lest they would strip me of my winning streak. But they didn’t. I am currently 55, hoping to get past my all-time-high of 67. 

  Threes and fours today. I was a three, I am pleased to report. In DC, it  was three for Theo and four for his father Roger. Over here, Ketki and I were the threes. Thomas hasn’t been heard from yet.



4 comments:

  1. I got as far as a 51 streak, and then, all blown away for no reason and back to 1. Very puzzling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:34 PM

      That can happen if you use a different device.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:34 PM

      Knitalot aka Jan

      Delete
    3. That happened to my husband too, just last week! And he had been up to 175 games in his winning streak!!

      Delete