Tuesday, February 27, 2024

 Helen is working here again today. We had lunch together and discussed, as one does, Prince William’s last-minute withdrawal from his godfather’s memorial service. Royals don’t do that sort of thing. Helen didn’t know, not being interested in rugby, that Princess Anne had missed the Calcutta Cup.

  We were alarmed. On the other hand both Princess Anne and the Queen were present at the memorial service, so there is probably no alarming conclusion to be drawn.

  Helen took me on a wheelchair tour of the house this morning. I didn’t find “the book I think I need” (see yesterday) but I did find a book of knitting-shaped graph paper, and my chart for 2004, which gave me a needed 2. Nowadays I do the date in the form ‘24 and so forth, so recent 2’s were in short supply. I could wing it, for 4.

   (That doesn't entirely make sense. But I couldn’t find my charts from any of the last three years.)

   So this year’s chart is ready. I’ll do a bit more round-and-round st st and then launch into it.

   Wordle: Roger scored five today. Everybody else had four. We are getting more uniform, lłl


3 comments:

  1. =Tamar6:11 PM

    Hooray for finding the chart!
    The graph paper will help you design the 4. Maybe you could transfer the design for the 2 onto the graph paper as a guide for designing the 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mary Lou10:30 PM

    Happy to hear you found the charts. Since you have the graph paper I'm sure between you and Helen with her mosaicist eye could come up with a 4. I got 4 today on
    Wordle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prince William was likely absent because of the sudden death of Lady Gabriella's husband, Thomas Kingston. (For those outside the UK Lady Gabriella is the daughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.)

    ReplyDelete