Friday, May 01, 2020


The car is GONE! I don’t expect to be paid much of anything for it – it’s 18 years old. The main thing is that I now don’t have to pay the insurance bill which has just come in, plus the other springtime car bills soon to arrive. That’s something done – or will be, when I’ve cancelled the standing order to the insurance company.

In searching out its papers, I found two old American driving licenses of mine (my first? I don’t quite think so) and my first British one. All rather touching, but is there any point in keeping them?

I have proceeded with working in ends on the Virus Scarf. I’m not quite half way along. It’s pretty boring. I’ve got reasonable amounts of every colour left – I could have left longer ends, which would have made things a bit easier.

The package from Carol Sunday is on its way.

Here is Perdita, earlier today, not helping with a hand of Freecell. She excelled herself with her grasp of key combinations.  By the time I had coaxed her off with a late lunch – I would just have batted Paradox to the floor – she had switched me into the Greek alphabet, changed the screen resolution so that everything looked squashed, and turned the sound off. She’s a very clever cat.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, well done on the car front, Jean. that will be a weight off your mind.
    Amazing story about my husband's step-mother. She had not driven for eleven years when my husband's father died - they were in their early 80s. She bought a small car for herself and parked it on the drive where it remained undriven for the next five years. She had it taken away - and then, on impulse, bought another, which again she did not drive. We were speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar2:42 AM

    Oh my, I first read "batted" as "battled" and had such mental images!

    Better to have the leftovers than to be wishing you had left shorter ends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:34 PM

    Looks like Perdita might be jealous of your keyboard:).

    ReplyDelete