Tuesday, June 07, 2022

 

A nice day, and a fairly successful one, except that my hip hurts and Helen and I didn’t succeed in walking around the garden. I feel really quite well except for the hip. Something must be done.

 

I’ve done two more increases on the first Lilias Day sleeve, and have brought a fifth dp into play (which doesn’t excuse me from looking for a short circular to finish the sleeve off). However, I’ve got an excuse. The morning was devoted to making a salad I read about in Good Food. It was perfectly adequate when finished (and there’s more for tomorrow) but not really very exciting. It’s got lots of ingredients. The locating of them, the cutting where necessary, the steaming of some, was all very slow and clumsy when one is negotiating the kitchen with a zimmer frame. Then in the afternoon, after a brief nap, I did the washing-up. I can’t remember when I last did that. It’s normally Daniella’s job. Helen has been nipping in to do the absolute minimum to keep me afloat until Daniela’s substitute takes over on Friday. She was pleasantly surprised to be spared that one.

 

Alexander is coming tomorrow. I haven’t seen him for a while.

 

 

6 comments:

  1. =Tamar7:04 PM

    Loud cheers! Extra dpns are helpful, aren't they. The weather has turned cool here, cool for local standard anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shandy9:16 PM

    Wonderful to hear you say that you feel quite well. I'm sure that regular meals are the habit which you need to maintain even if you do not prepare them all from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:30 PM

    Have you tried that abduction exercise while lying in bed? It might be a little easier when you do not have to support your weight. just a thought.
    Helen (anon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! That's the one that makes my hips complain and I don't have any problems usually. I'm going to give that a go.

      Delete
    2. Laura1:15 PM

      Am loving how one person’s comment helps another of Jean’s fans! What a community you have built with your blog! Thank you! And congrats on doing the cleaning up!! As well as making progress on the sweater and sleeves :-)
      And Tamar-I will gladly send some of our southwest heat your way if you like ;-) Can I trade it for some rain? Lol!

      Delete
  4. Mary Lou2:20 PM

    I used to bring my aunt from her care home over to my sister's house for a visit. One of the things she loved was washing the dishes, as she never had the chance to do it. I try to remember her talking about how happy it made her to have her hands in warm, soapy dishwater when I don't want to do dishes!

    ReplyDelete