Saturday, June 18, 2022

 

A pleasant day. David and Helen called in, and David and I found the missing picture (mentioned here recently, I think). It is one of the three I will take along if I ever go permanently into care. So that is a great relief. The search led me to Mary Lutyens’ “Millais and the Ruskins” in which our picture appears as an illustration. I have finished PD James’ “Original Sin” (vg) and was rather floundering in the search for another book, so I think I will read that one.

We tried to walk but again failed, as on the previous two attempts. It is frustrating, as I feel so well otherwise.

Then Mungo cooked lunch for me, and Archie stayed and ate it with us (and washed up afterwards). Very pleasant (and very tasty) and a welcome relief from thinking.

Knitting went well. I have only two more sleeve increases to do (second sleeve of Lilias Day). Paradox carried the work off and tried to help, which slowed me down a bit.

4 comments:

  1. I have always enjoyed reading any of PD James' books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm halfway through Original Sin. I can't yet read and knit at the same time. I'm following EZ's advice and knitting small hats in this hot weather, using up some acrylic DK I have lying around. They will go into the 'shoeboxes for Romania ' collection at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Lou1:47 AM

    I could probably reread all of PD James, as I read them ages ago. Was Original Sin the one where the victim was killed with a knitting needle? (Not a spoiler!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. =Tamar2:12 AM

    It's such a relief to find something when you knew it had to be there somewhere!
    It sounds like a perfectly lovely day.

    ReplyDelete