Tuesday, June 14, 2022

 

Helen has been weekending at Kirkmichael, but she was here today, and even she, who is a sturdy advocate of walking, thot I was limping too badly to attempt to go out, even with my stick. So I sat out on the step a while absorbing vitamin D. The telephone conversation with the dr – not a doctor I know, unfortunately -- is scheduled for Thursday. I think my hip has taken a  turn for the worse, although I wonder if using a zimmer frame (as I have been doing) is bad for it.

 

It’s been a good day for knitting. I am lucky – the knitters of Scotland are lucky – that it rarely gets hot enough here to spoil the pleasure of knitting with wool. The first Lilias Day sleeve should be finished soon.

 

Wordle: we had an easy one today. Ketki and Thomas and I scored three, Alexander and his friend Mark and Rachel, in London, got it in two. They must be very clever. My two starter words –TRAIN and HOUSE – gave me one green and four yellows: that means I had all the letters and there was nothing for it but to solve the anagram. I’m not very keen on anagrams, but eventually I got it. But Alexander and Mark and Rachel had to leap in cold turkey, after only one starter.

 

The Times published a list last weekend, as part of all the Jubilee fuss, of 50 recommended novels from the last 70 years. I have read some of them, inevitably, and am making a start on others. Do I want to read “Midnight’s Children” or Amis’ “Money”?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:34 PM

    My starters are very like yours: TRAIN and COUGH. Will see how long it takes me to get today's solved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why has it stopped letting me use my name? I am supposed to be logged in with Google. I'm kayT as I have been for a long time!

      Delete
    2. and now I am kayT again. Huh. Isn't technology grand.

      Delete
  2. =Tamar8:02 PM

    I'll have to find that list of books. I wonder if I've read any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Lou10:56 PM

    I'm with Tamar, off to find the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:49 PM

    Using a Zimmer frame, which i see is what we call a ‘walker’ on this side of the pond shouldn’t be bad for your hip. A fall would be worse, no doubt, for the hip and other body parts. The stability the frame offers will be helpful until the assessment can be completed and As treatment begins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. =Tamar4:17 PM

    I wonder if the angle of the body when using the frame makes a different in the pressure on the hip. Do you lean forward on it, or stand as straight as possible, etc?

    ReplyDelete