Friday, June 17, 2022

 

Rain this morning. Alexander came. We didn’t attempt to walk. It has now been quite a while since I did it. Helen and David both will be here tomorrow and we must try again.

 

However it was been a good day on the knitting front. I have done 8 sleeve increases, every sixth round: there are five to go, I think. And then another 4 ½” or so of straight sleeve. So things are moving forward.

 

Sometimes I knit and read (both slowly). Sometimes I let the iPad read Il Gattopardo aloud to me. And sometimes I wander around Youtube looking for something that might serve as a background to knitting. (“Sit and Knit for a Bit with Arne and Carlos” is the right general idea, but too often lately it is not about knitting at all.) However, today while so engaged I stumbled upon Stephen West showing us around his LYS in Amsterdam. Wow! I have never seen so much yarn offered for retail sale. It is enough to make me want to devote myself henceforth to shawl knitting. I hope this link works.  They also sell on-line.

 

I did one of those on-line classes with him once. He is very entertaining, needless to say.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:02 PM

    I have been there _ we just happened to be there the day it opened. Testing individual skeins which you can'take then find a use for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shandy8:04 PM

    Tempting , of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Lou2:39 PM

    I have an audiobook version of Il Gattopardo, in English, of course! I’m driving to Illinois next week, planning for Middlemarch, but perhaps Il Gattopardo would be good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the point of sit and knit for a bit, is that we sit and knit and listen to them ramble on. :)

    ReplyDelete