Tuesday, May 19, 2020


So today Helen came and we walked twice around the garden, adding the May tree to our catalogue. The trouble with that was that I wasn’t good for much else for the rest of the day. However, I got a couple of business-y things done, including ringing the AA to explain why I had cancelled the direct debit. My husband had been with them for 65 years so I thought I ought to do that. I was rewarded with a £27 refund which I didn’t expect – a bit more to add to the car’s account.

But no knitting yet today.

Thanks for comments, as always. I knew a man at Oberlin who had taught himself touch typing. I think he went on to be a professor of economics at Harvard. I continue to type clumsily, but at least I use both hands.

Mary Lou, thank you for the link to the Hopkins translation of Horace.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:48 AM

    I think we still have a Selectric lying about. Very handy for typing index cards. (Oh yes, we have those too.) An older man in my office saw me using the correction tape one day. "Scary"' he replied. Wonder what he thought 20 years later. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:50 AM

    Should have mentioned the "Scary" story occurred in the 70s. Otherwise it makes no sense. Chloe

    ReplyDelete