Friday, January 21, 2005

Something Completely Different

...to cheer us all up.

Here we are at the Strathardle Highland Gathering last summer. The object of the game is to get up very early in the morning and get one's car into an ace position at the edge of the field, so that food and drink can be dispensed from it all day.

From left to right, my nephew Theo, his girlfriend Kristin deep in conversation with our eldest grandchild, Thomas the Elder; Thomas's sister Lizzie, my husband, _his_ sister holding her grandson Jakob.

Behind Kristin is our daughter-in-law Ketki and her husband Alexander, wearing the old Hong Kong rugby shirt he always wears to the Games, deep in conversation with his brother James (the man who walks through minefields), holding a beer can. James' daughter Kirsty is beside him (between Lizzie and my husband), with her mother Cathy behind her.

Which is by way of saying, no more water has come through the dining-room ceiling, and there's not much doing on the knitting front. I have decided to put gussets under the arms of the Fair Isle jacket, and have less than an inch to go before I start them.

I'm still tinkering with the colours. The nearly-white blush shade is too strong. I won't rip out what I've done, but I don't think I'll repeat it. Likewise the red -- I have substituted a gentler red. And I'm adding another green, and a variegated yellow with green-y tones. We shall see.

I have had a solicitation from Knitter's to come to Camp Stitches, but still haven't got the current magazine. It was correctly addressed, to me, not to Linda Peterson.

No comments:

Post a Comment