Sunday, August 29, 2021

 

Today is Rachel and Ed's 40th wedding anniversary. 


I put off my walkers today, and did nothing. I’ll have to get to grips with life tomorrow.

 

Here’s the beginning of our cruise, starting with the Fladda Lighthouse and Lunga and the Isle of Luing. We had superb weather throughout except for some morning fog:


 

The Corryvreckan Whirlpool. It can be quite fierce; our skipper clearly had considerable respect for it. But not on our day. You can see a difference in the texture of the surface water, and that’s about it. I was hoping for The Descent into the Maelstrom:




 

And Colonsay, that day’s walk:




 

I knit some more Coofle this morning while watching the latest Fruity Knitting. It was about someone who knits with wire, not a topic that floats my boat. Andrea and daughter Madeline are about to embark on a trip to GB to record some interviews so we won’t hear from them for a while. I had better photograph the Coofle for you. The light is getting a bit dim now. I’m proud of my corrugated rib. I had also better switch back to wee Hamish’s Calcutta Cup vest. He needs to have it to wear before the Cup is contested again.

 

I checked the gauge, and it seems (to my surprise) to be all right. On the boat, where I had nothing except a needle and the yarn, I measured it against a bank card. They measure about 3 1/3” across according to some useful website. I needed four inches, or perhaps two. Guessing, from a basis of 3 1/3”,  seemed to suggest that I was getting fewer than 28 stitches to 4”, which is what I want. 

2 comments:

  1. Inspired by your efforts and also by dire warnings after a respiratory clinic appointment I have been going out for a walk around our street every day all of last week. I wish it was garden like yours! But there is a duck pond at the furthest point of my walk. I expect it will take you a few days to get over your lovely holiday and start working up to the same level of activity as before. Looking forward to seeing more photos. I remember sailing through Corryvrecken on a carefully chosen tide back in 1974. Never to be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar3:32 PM

    It appears you did leave the boat and walk a bit. Good for you! The edge of the whirlpool just showing at the right is enough to make me wary. I think it's more dramatic a picture than the full whirlpool would be.

    ReplyDelete