Wednesday, August 11, 2021

 

Worn down by all your kind instructions, and by my sister who agrees with everything you say, I think we are going to try to make a dr’s appt tomorrow. The current system seems to be, if I understand the website correctly, that you ring up first thing in the morning and arrange to speak to a dr on the telephone. He/she will then make a face-to-face appt if deemed necessary. I think Helen is going to do that tomorrow.

 

Meanwhile today went pretty well. She and I got round the garden. The app says I’ve done 2087 steps – better than I expected. No more buckling of the knees. Cat-feeding during my cruise has been arranged and I feel enormously cheered.

 

Still no knitting.

 

Rachel and Ed are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. Phase One was an assembly of the entire crew at a house they rented somewhere in Suffolk. Here they are:




 

The little girls in the front are each others’ sisters and cousins – I couldn’t begin to distinguish them. This year’s crop of little girls – two more – are in their mothers’ arms: Joe’s wife Becca towards the right, next to Rachel and Ed; Thomas’s wife Lucy further to the left. Lizzie and Dan, on the far left, aren’t married and have no children.

 

Phase Two will be a trip north in October, just Rachel and Ed, not the whole troupe. I’ll get to see them then. It’s been a long time.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. So many girls - how wonderful! In my husband´s family there have been only boys for at least five generations, and now we have two sons and three grandsons, but at least two lovely daughters-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of girls! According to my grandmother, when many boys are born in a generation, it indicates upcoming war. So a good sign! Of course, since we humans are always fighting, can’t really think that particular superstition makes sense. Glad you are getting to the GP>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:27 PM

    What a great picture of your extended family, Jean! Those generational photos are real heirlooms.

    Anne C. in Bethesda, MD

    ReplyDelete