Tuesday, May 09, 2023

 

My nasturtiums are coming up! (in a pot, on the doorstep) We’ve had, at last, the day I was asking for yesterday, with sunshine! And warmth! My ambition, by now, is limited to sitting out on the step. I didn’t achieve even that today. It was bath day, and my hair was wet. . But I will tomorrow if this goes on.

 

Knitting progressed well. I did four rows – that’s a good day’s work. I counted them in order to be able to tell you, but I’ve forgotten. 17, I think, out of 73. Even if it’s 19, there’s still a long way to go. And the new skein, attached at the beginning of the borders, doesn’t look any more vernal than the old one which was employed to knit the centre.

 

Helen and I are going to see a Kaffe Fassett exhibition at the Dovecot Gallery (pronounced ‘Dovecot’ for some unknown reason) on Friday. I think I’ve missed a Bernat Klein expo  somewhere else, which might have been even more interesting. One could almost say that he introduced colour into British knitting. I vividly remember his early advertisements in the VKB.

 

Helen phoned the doctor but got no news about the hip x-ray of a week ago. Tomorrow, she was told.

 

Comment: Oh, Mary Lou, I envy you that asparagus! Do you venture on hollandaise? I’ve got supermarket asparagus and have been contemplating recipes. My father used to (try to) make it on Sunday mornings. I associate it with childhood and sunshine.

 

Wordle: another toughie. I scored five, and was almost glad not to have the fours pulling further ahead of the threes. I thought I had it on line four, too. A good word, employing two consonants low in the letter-frequency list. Alas, I typed it in too fast. I had a brown vowel knocking about which wasn’t employed at all in my brilliant line four. A Jean-word, after all. Nor did it advance matters, except to eliminate those unlikely consonants. I could have scored four, had I been paying attention. My fellow-fives were Alexander, Ketki, and Theo. Thomas and Mark did it in four. Rachel needed six.

1 comment:

  1. Mary Lou11:53 PM

    We we had hollandaise, but organic purchased in small packets. Given my lack of skill in this department, I decided it tasted as good as mine, and so much easier!

    ReplyDelete