Friday, April 12, 2024

 A mildly better day, again. Maybe we’ve turned the corner. The forecast is not very promising.

  A new carer today — not the usual handover day. Something about holidays. This one is just here for a long weekend; then we go back t o my two regulars. She is very agreeable; I could wish her part of the normal rota.

   Knitting has gone well. I’ve finished the first, left-side, collar and embarked on the second. There are differences in the way it is attached to the picked-up stitches, to accommodate the fact that it slopes in the other direction. I struggled, but I think I’ve nailed it. 

   I’m currently at a stage we would all recognise, when the first ball of contrast yarn goes on forever. I’m already into the third inch of the second collar.

   I’ve also had a good time with Margery Allingham and KD. Today we were introduced to her collaborators. One of them has written a biography, which I am glad to discover is the one I’ve already got in my Kindle. (All of MA’s books seem to be there, too — this is going to be cheaper than might otherwise have been the case. Perhaps I can use that as an excuse to join the KAL.) 

   Wordle: We were all threes and fours today, except for poor Thomas: five. I was one of the fours. Alexander and Theo and Ketki were the threes.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:36 PM

    I struggled with Wordle today but finally got it in 4. All my attempts were not words!
    Glad the knitting is going well.
    We have begun watching The Gentleman in Moscow on Amazon Prime. It is one of my recent favorite books and the movie (serial) version is quite good. I am glad I read the book first. Tonight the 3rd episode of 8 has been released. It will be available weekly. The schedule may be a bit different in the UK.
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:07 PM

    I'm thoroughly enjoying Kate's posts on Margery Allingham. But, lacking a Kindle, I'm finding my bill for books is growing rapidly. What a good thing I enjoy Mr. Campion's adventures!
    Ellis-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:38 PM

    The Gentleman from Moscow is a wonderful book Jean. Something to think about, maybe, between Allinghams. But I could not find it the streamed version on Amazon Prime. I thought it was on Paramount. Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got wordle in TWO this morning! A very lucky guess. Attaching the collar looks a bit tricky from here, happy it is going well. I haven't read the KD/MA posts yet, I must stop distracting myself with other things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia Jones! she wrote a sequence of books using "Swallows and Amazons" as her inspiration , but updating the characters and plotlines. Very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete