Thursday, April 11, 2024

 A much better day, sunshine-wise. Maybe the worst is over.

   Helen came this morning and brought me a delicious purple globe artichoke, my very favourite thing after sweet corn. I’ve just had it for my tea.

   Otherwise, a fairly uneventful day. Archie dropped in and was persuaded to have lunch. I’ve made some progress with reading Allingham’s “Sweet Danger”, the first book on the list for KD’s new club. It’s an early one, and certainly doesn’t move as fast as “Hide My Eyes”. But it’s where Campion meets Amanda. 

   I was excited to learn (comments yesterday) that you know Tolleshunt d’Arcy, Shandy and Jane. Where Allingham lived and wrote.

   Wordle: my two starters left me with four greens this morning, the classic Wordle set-up for failure. Mercifully, I got it in five. Mark, another five, was the only other one with that configuration. Threes for Ketki, Alexander and Rachel. Fours for Roger and Theo and Thomas.

   

2 comments:

  1. Wordle in 2, thanks to your starter word and a lucky guess. Your mention of a rude French word (entirely appropriate after a debacle of 'voila' earlier this week) was also just what I needed that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =Tamar11:50 AM

    I read a bunch of Campion years ago, but I don't recall Sweet Danger. I also liked the tv show, back in, um, the 80s? 90s?

    ReplyDelete