Monday, April 22, 2024

 I’m back in the kitchen, poking with one finger. The day has been off-and-on, shadow and shade, yet again. Evening sun at the moment: that’s welcome. But no warmth. The long-range forecast offers no hope  much before  mid-May. If then.

   On the other hand, I had a delivery of cat-litter from Amazon today, and the carer didn’t spot it on the doorstep when she got back from her break. I looked at Amazon’s your-package-has-been-delivered, and there was a most glorious photograph of aubretia in bloom in my tripod. It’s not very good aubretia, colour-wise, but it’s having a wonderful time out there and I would never have known but for Amazon.

   Knitting has progressed, but I still haven’t finished that second collar.

   I’ve been reading Allingham’s “Mind Readers” — her last book. I must have read at least part of it before. It’s not terribly good, but it’s nice to hear the authentic voice one last time. Entry for KD’s club is closed, but we still have to wait a fortnight or so for any action.

   I’ve decided against Lourdes. I need too much intimate care.

   Wordle: even Queer Joe failed yesterday. Today we all picked up the load and started to trudge forward again.Two for Theo and Rachel. Three for Alexander and Mark and Ketki.  Four for me. Six for poor Thomas who got stuck with the middle letter missing. Silence, as often, from Roger. 

   . 

4 comments:

  1. I'm finding the Julia Jones biography fascinating. I was amazed by "The Mind Readers". It's a different world to the usual Campion milieu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:21 AM

    One of the problems with ageing is one waits a bit too long to make a decision. In the optimistic belief one is on a plateau instead of a slow slide, one ends up a bit lower down the incline to be able to act on a decision.
    I once saw a birthday card that said something to the tune of ‘feeling bad? Next year you’ll wish you felt this good’.
    We can only make the best of today and hope we get another day tomorrow.
    weavinfool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you won't get to Lourdes, Jean, but at least the decision has been made. Yesterday I got wordle in 3 with a couple of very lucky guesses. Today it was six!

    ReplyDelete
  4. =Tamar5:34 PM

    We are in what I hope is a last-gasp cold snap, here in central-ish Maryland. Literally freezing temperature last night. But sun and light jacket weather today, so spring continues.
    As does your knitting - congratulations! Steady on gets it done!

    ReplyDelete