Wednesday, April 10, 2024

 Another grey day, with plenty of rain. This is getting tedious. There are farmers fearing no crops at all this year, as day after day of planting time slip by.

   C. came to see me this morning. Otherwise quiet. Very welcome, after all the recent excitement.

   Knitting has gone well. I should finish the first collar tomorrow.

   I’ve finished the (umpteenth) re-reading of “Hide My Eyes” and will leave the rest until KD’s new club actually starts. HME was Allingham’s last, I believe. Mr Campion scarcely figures in it. Club-wise, it is connected with the KAL I think. The main club will start at Allingham’s more cheerful but less exciting beginning. I needn’t worry, now that I know I can knock them off fast.

   Queer Joe and Franklin, both old cyber knitting friends, both post almost daily. Franklin has just come through a session of chemotherapy but otherwise remains happy in Paris. Joe’s life is more tranquil, looking forward to the next Men’s Knitting Retreat. I dearly love them both.

   Wordle: my starters pretty well solved it for me this morning — a quick three. For a long time I had hopes of being the day’s star, but Alexander has matched me. Four for Mark and Ketki. Five for Thomas, Theo and Rachel. Nothing from Roger again.



2 comments:

  1. Kate Davies certainly knows how to pick winners, although my views on the yarn were mixed. She has stuck with that for a while. We drive past Allingham's home in Tolleshunt d'Arcy most weeks, on our way to the saltings at Tollesbury. Very evocative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane from Dorset7:51 AM

      I was excited when she posted some pictures of Tollesbury as my family come from there. Spent my childhood summers with my cousins playing around the village.

      Delete