Friday, October 02, 2020

 

Well, how’s that for an October surprise?

 

I heard from the Majestic Line in Oban today – our cruise is on. I’m feeling even feebler than usual, after yesterday’s excitements.

 

Rachel and Ed have gone west after all. Alexander and Ketki have an “annex” in their garden, a separate building a fair distance from the house. R&E will stay in it, and eat outdoors. They’ll go on to Kirkmichael tomorrow. We’re having another splendid autumn day, although a bit nippy.

 

Instead of thinking about Orkney hats, I wound a skein of Carol Sunday’s lovely Nirvana yarn (mostly merino, with a dash of cashmere) and looked at her Machu Picchu pattern with a view of converting it to another EPS. The original pattern has some waist shaping. I certainly don’t want that. It’s also top down. I’m not planning to do that. The remaining question is to discover whether all the patterning is above the point where sleeves and body are joined.

 

This week’s batch of kimchi is effervescing all over the kitchen counter in a most satisfactory way.


Blogger gets odder and odder. Usually comments come to me as emails. Today I got nothing except, late in the day, from Peggy and then Tamar. I was feeling unloved. But I looked at the post itself just now, and there's a whole conversation's-worth of comments. Thanks.

7 comments:

  1. Hooray! The cruise is on. Get your exercise to be prepared! So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just popped over to the Majestic site. I feel more confident with your cruise being out of Scotland and with so few passengers. Who will be looking after P & P?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your cruise is on:)! Your EPS is lovely! I'm finall at the sleeves of Isabelle Kraemer's Topolino and enjoying it very much.It was wonderful to learn that Michelle Obama took up knitting during the pandemic. I would bet she knew how when she was younger, just decided to take it up now when her children are older.
    Am very concerned that the President's diagnosis will throw a wrench into the US elections. Today I got an email saying that the Senate should quarantine - good luck getting Mitch McConnell to agree to that! How I wish! We finally got our mail-in ballots yesterday (in Maryland) and will be voting as soon as possible.
    Your kimchi skills are downright impressive!
    Best,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:46 AM

    The colours of the EPS are so cheering!
    I probably posted that earlier - but I really like them.
    And it looks like a very useful sweater for you.
    It will be terrific this long winter.

    Lisa RR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny2:05 AM

    I read that Annie Modesit died today.
    Have you heard anything?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad your trip is on. What wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. =Tamar7:41 PM

    Hooray! The cruise is on!

    ReplyDelete