Monday, December 04, 2023

 Still seriously cold. Maybe when it warms up a bit, I’ll venture into the catalogue room (so-called) and write you a proper message on my computer, with pictures. For the time being I huddle in the sitting room  under a heated blankie and pick out words with one finger on my iPad.

  Helen came to see us. The first of the presents I ordered yesterday turned up.

   Knitting continued to advance, slow but steady. I’m knitting (Brooklyn Tweed’s Spalding pattern) from the top down. There are 62 rows, or thereabouts, before I leave stitches behind for the sleeves. I’ve knit 20. It’s a start.

   Mary Lou, I hope your yarn turned up, and that you like it. It’s one of life’s better experiences.

   Wordle:  not much difficulty today. My starters gave me two greens and two browns. I scored an easy three.  Mark , Theo, Rachel and Ketki shared that score. Roger and Alexander were the fours, Thomas the lonely outlier with five.




6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:04 PM

    I've just been reading the UK medical advice that older citizens, especially if not very mobile, should have living spaces heated to between 21 and 24 degrees centigrade. Apparently it is better for the body.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:15 PM

      That's why the UK Government has issued everyone who gets a state pension with the Winter Fuel Allowance and a Cost of Living payment. Over 80's get an additional £100.

      Delete
  2. Having read this comment I shall turn up the heating at once! I'm wearing what I call 'draught excluders' - wrist warmers and a cowl and I'm not quite warm enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =Tamar7:30 PM

    I'm older and I agree with this statement.
    I suggest wearing a hat indoors as well.

    Good going on the knitting, Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Lou1:18 AM

    I was thinking about external temps when I commented. I do know that if I am sedentary I get cold much more quickly, so I do hope you are keeping the heat up! My yarn arrived this afternoon, new Aran-weight from Brown Sheep. I’ve been asked to design a ‘cozy cardigan’ with it, and I’m swatching right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:37 AM

    Don't you have heating in the building Jean? No furnace?

    ReplyDelete