Wednesday, May 22, 2024

 A dull, grey day. I didn't go out. I didn’t do much of anything, except knit. Ten rows of my MKAL shawl is very ambitious — too much, in fact. And the achievable number will continue to diminish. One can but knit on. The next clue is due on Wednesday the 12th. I won’t be finished with this first clue by then, but I’ll be forrader if I keep at it.

   I’ve just watched the Prime Minister call a general election. In the rain. I hope he wins and fear he won’t. I can’t vote, not being British. They say Mr Sunak is richer than the king. He could stay home and collect pictures and grow vegetables if he wanted to. Whereas the king is obliged to struggle on.

   Otherwise not much. C. came. 

   When I actually read, as opposed to dozing to Audible, I continue with Look to the Lady. It’s time I finished it and got on to Dancers in Mourning. 

   Thank you for your comments yesterday. You’re absolutely right, Cam and Knitnance, that I need a table with wheels which will fit across my chair. I got one for my husband when he was more or less at this stage of decline, but gave it away after his death. I’ll get on to that.

   Wordle: my starters produced a green vowel and two browns, a v. and a c. I struggled. I won. But my fully qualified word had four greens and a blank. A wordle special. Mercifully I got it in four.

   Most of the others did better. Thomas joined me on four. The rest of the British contingent all scored three. In DC, Roger had three and Theo four.



2 comments:

  1. This is a very good table that we bought for my late husband. Easy to move but solid top.
    https://www.betterindependentliving.co.uk/daleside-overbed-table

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen in Chapel Hill2:41 PM

    I think that, unlike me, you're probably right on track--it's been only 8 days since the first clue and we have 20 days til the next one. And even longer before we get to Dancers in Mourning (June 17). I'm considerably less than a quarter of the way through the first clue and already finding I like the colours better in the real thing than in the swatch. Phew.

    ReplyDelete