Thursday, May 16, 2024

 A May day, at last! I didn’t go out, but I am enjoying it. 

   What I did was knit my MKAL. I’m getting on fine. It’s a plain-vanilla triangle, I think I said. The increases are on either side of a central 3-stitch strip. I’ve now got upwards of 30 stitches in each half and the rows take longer. I still don’t know where the pattern is — somewhere in Ravelry, clearly. But I’m having no difficulty in producing it every time. 

   I’ve never been wildly keen on tweed yarn. I wonder if I’ve ever knit with KD’s Milarochy Tweed before? For this purpose, it’s ideal. I’m enjoying the fabric being produced. I continue to be anxious about the thinness of the yarn. It’s going to take me more than the sliver of lifetime I’ve got left, to knit it all. I am knitting hopefully on, as EZ prescribed. 

   Helen came this morning. We are struggling with the paperwork involved in dropping our present carers in favour of somebody very substantially cheaper. I am a bit anxious.

   Wordle: my starters gave me one green vowel and two brown consonants. My line three turned that into three greens. Line four made no change. I was afraid that I was about to go down to a Wordle special. I thought of another qualifying word — not at all likely, I thought, but there was no reason not to try it. It was right. Five for me. Whew!

   That gets my new winning streak up to ten.

    Rachel had my same three-green configuration and squeaked home with six. Roger had a totally remarkable two. Mark had a splendidly commendable three. Thomas and Alexander and Theo had fours. Ketki was with me on five.



   

   


7 comments:

  1. =Tamar5:39 PM

    May weather here too, this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:21 PM

    I think those multi coloured striped shawls we did were Milarrochy tweed, can’t remember the pattern name offhand
    JennyS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:29 AM

      I thought I remembered work on a shawl with it.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9:32 PM

    i found Wordle a bit difficult today, but suddenly had a stroke of genius and got it on the 4th try.
    I working on Franklin's Emotional Support Chicken KAL. It's an attempt to use up my stash, and it's so silly, it's fun.
    I was working on it while waiting in the doctor's office (always a long wait) and everyone in the room wanted one!
    Thinking of you as you change carers. Not easy.
    Sarah in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:15 AM

    Jean, do you suppose you can google the proposed new carer company’s name for reviews? “Substantially cheaper” sounds a little worrisome. Your KD project appears intriguing. Actually saw an Emotional Support Chicken on a plane. They look very cuddly. If you can say that about a chicken. Chloe



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:29 PM

      Knowing how much time and attention Helen devotes to Jeans interests I am confident she will have checked out reviews for any potential replacement.

      Delete
  5. I am about to cast on! Curious how my combination of odds and ends in colours I don't really like will turn out :) I already have a recipient in mind who does like those colours, if they don't grow on me.

    I do hope you get good carers. They're so important.

    ReplyDelete