Friday, February 01, 2013


The spam attack has intensified. I must have had 50 yesterday, all trying to attach themselves to the most recent blog post. I've just looked in Blogger's Spam collection and found 50 more. Will they go away when the sender discovers that none get through? Or am I being persecuted by a machine without intelligence? Will I have to spend the rest of my life deleting phoney comments?

One curious repeating feature is that a lower-case "w" sometimes looks bendy, like a Greek omega.

Knitting continues well. I’ve finished the back neck of Ed’s Gardening Sweater, left the stitches behind, and gone to the other sleeve to knit a second saddle towards the centre. I might even meet myself in the middle today! There will still be neck-ribbing to be done. I don’t think I can take a useful picture, however, until it’s been blocked.

I tried to scan my sketch of the next project for you, in lieu, but that failed. Too faint, I think.

I’ve become rather worried about socks. I can remember so little of what I achieved during my Sock Phase last year. The current one won’t be much use for waiting rooms and emergencies if I don’t know what to do next. It’s a toe-upper with a Fleegle-Strong heel soon to come. Perhaps I should spend some time on it before moving on.

My sister sent this link. If it doesn’t work, go to YouTube and search for the Dallas Yarn Bombers. Cheerful.

And Zite says this morning that Brixton is about to be yarn-bombed. That was familiar territory to us in our London-going days, just down the road from Streatham where Rachel lives.




1 comment:

  1. Hello Jean, sorry you didn't hear from any of us avid readers yesterday, how rude we are :) Following the sweaters development with keen interest and can't wait to see it all done...

    ReplyDelete